Monday, August 3, 2009

Success in Cincy


1977 AAU Champions, 12 and under: Front row, Boo Diugiud, J.T. Morris, Joey Bowles. Back row, Randy Risher, Bruz Hicks, Mike Reed, Andy Spradling, Gay Elmore, Dan Gardner. Absent from this photo, Alex Nagy, Greg Fields, and Michael Calhoun, taken by Chet Hawes in the second floor studio at Charleston Newspapers.



The story of this 1977 title will be enhanced significantly in the future. To be somewhat logical with the blog, I felt I should complete the title run before moving on to the reunion, which I believe was a huge success. One question I didn't ask at the reunion was, there was a picture of this team in uniform with the state flag, taken outside after the semifinal game I believe. Does anyone still have a copy? I couldn't find mine. I will share stories from this title game, as well as the scorebook page, very soon. As my departed friend Jody Jividen would say, Peace Unto You.
Here's a post-tourney story written by the Gazette's Bob Fretwell summarizing the tournament... (click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment